[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FreePOS (point of sal

From: postrial
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of FreePOS (point of sale)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:19:29 -0500

William Heath <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: FreePOS (point of sale)
System name: freepos
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Support Requests item #493744, was opened at 2001-12-15 13:09
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200001&aid=493744&group_id=1

Category: Project Reg. Issue
Group: Second Level Support

Initial Comment:
The project freepawn had an initial project rejection.
I would like to submit a detailed project description
for review. Thank you for your time and consideration.
        Project freepawn will be a point of sale system that
is for pawn stores. It will use the following
technologies to achieve this goal : JAVA Glue servlets,
webstart, the Java Swing interface, webservices, and
mysql. This software will run on any operating systems
that supports the Java runtime environment as well as
operating systems that support a web browser. This
project defers from other projects in that it is a
loosely coupled, extensible, scalable cross-platform
architecture that uses accepted open standards such as:
UDDI, WSDL, SOAP and XML.
All executables will be dynamically updated upon usage.
This project defers from other projects in it\'s dynamic
use of matrixicaly adaptable public web services as
those found on www.xmethods.com. Another goal of this
project is to be a peer-to-peer, GNU-tella like aproach
to a business solution. This program will also allow
for dynamically plugable tabed interfaces for third
party development and integration of client surfaces in
real time.

Again, thank you very much for your time and
consideration.

Steven A. Beebe and William Heath

Comment By: Jacob Moorman (moorman)