[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of TRON Game Engine

From: left
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of TRON Game Engine
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:40:40 -0400

Luiz Eugênio Fernandes Tenório <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: TRON Game Engine
System name: tron
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The ideia behind project is the creation of a free and open source game engine
for tile (isometric 2d) and 3d games entirely in standard and extensions Java
APIs (like Java2D and Java3D).

The game engine has support for graphics (2D and 3D), sound, music,
multiplayer (it is a game engine like a Redmond company engine, but free, open
source and Java based) and artificial inteligence.

In addition, we may support some specific game kinds, like strategy games, war
games, role playing games, fighting games or some others.

Initially, the focus is desktop games, but we can extend to applet based games
and games for small devices.

Support for massive multiplayer is other very interesting aspect, but it is not
a priority at the moment.

The currently Free Software Java suite doesn´t have a JVM with critical
extensions needed by the engine (ex. VolatileImage or Java3D API). I will use
some free JVM implementations (ex. Blackdown Linux JVM or the Sun JDK 1.4.0)
under development stage. But I am waiting  the FSJ JVMs extensions and when the
extensions has been implemented the engine may run, since I use only the Java
standards.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
Any Java 2 compatible JVM (e.g. Blackdown JDK 1.3.0, Sun J2SE 1.4.0).
Any Java3D Implementation.

Other Comments: