[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Iso-Engineer

From: rhamph
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Iso-Engineer
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:32:53 -0400

Adam Olsen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Iso-Engineer
System name: engineer

Copies from a Wiki (I really suck at writing this stuff up):

Basically a quick transport tycoon clone. Really crappy gameplay, really crappy
graphics, but a good rendering engine.

We can stick to trains for now. And don\'t even deal with economics, just with
moving the train and drawing it.

We should support both 3d and 2d rendering modes. All the graphics can be in
3d, and to convert to 2d we simply render them and read them back. This can be
done at run-time, though there should be a way to cache them (and a way for
packagers to do it from the command-line).

There a couple hundred lines of code that don\'t do anything but draw a grid,
but my co-author (fuzzie) is rewriting them.  I\'m hoping to get it into CVS
quickly so we can work on it properly.

Other Software Required:
it uses SDL
it may support 3d in the future, so probably Mesa.  That\'ll be optional
though, I don\'t have hardware acceleration :)

Other Comments: