Re: [Savannah-hackers] Hunt package

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Hunt package
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:10:17 +0200

Le lun 27 mai 2002 à 10h58, Gilles a écrit :
I have a problem with CVS access : when I try to put the files of my
project
(hunt), cvs puts this message again and again :

cvs server: [04:48:31] waiting for gdenat's lock in /cvsroot/hunt/hunt
cvs server: [04:49:01] waiting for gdenat's lock in /cvsroot/hunt/hunt

when executing this command :
cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/hunt/ commit hunt

It's the first time I used CVS for programming, I read the
documentation, and
it seems that the directory is locked. In fact, the first time I tried
update my files, I unfortunately do a <Ctrl-C> and I have found a web
page
explaining that doing a <Ctrl-C> does not remove the lock file on the
remote
server...

I didn't find how to delete this file on my own. So could you please
remove
this file, or better, saying to me how I can do (if this problem
happens
again, I won't bother you again with this problem...)

killing the lock may means killing the file history.

The easiest way to solve your problem, I think, is to make a backup of the files you modified, to remove your local CVS tree copy, to redownload it, to copy your modified files in your new local CVS tree and finally make a cvs ci.

If you want others answers, please configure your mailer to give a real valid email adress.

* http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
* http://yeupou.coleumes.org
* http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)