[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Cogitatio, an enhance

From: csillagk
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Cogitatio, an enhanced system discussion
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:42:14 -0400

Csillag Kristóf <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Cogitatio, an enhanced system discussion
System name: cogitatio

I decided to design and implement a software-system
that can help people discussing things.

Here are some random ideas:

 * The project should be Free Software, licensed under the GNU GPL.

 * The project should make it possible to present opinions, ideas,
   thoughts in a structured and sorted manner. I do not mean an AI
   system here; the role of the computer would be only to administer
   things.

 * The project should make it possible to simultaneously present
   conflicting arguments, together with their reflections to each
   other.

 * The created database should have a multi-user interface (for
   example via a web portal), which should make users able to add
   their thoughts/opinions/points to the database. The difference
   between this and a simple Internet forum would be that
   _everything_ must be placed in a logical structure.

 * It should be able to somehow visualise the system of arguments
   about a specific matter, with all the relations between the
   points.

 * The project should make it possible to elaborate matters - once
   and for all, all the arguments sorted and stored, so that we do
   not have to tell all those arguments again and again

Right now this is only a proposal, but I am quite determined to do some serious
work very soon.

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:
Of course all comments, ideas and contributions are highly
appreciated.

If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact address@hidden