Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Is mug a GNU package ?

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Is mug a GNU package ?
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:50:17 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 08:13:28PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> address@hidden said:
>
> Rudy, while people registering a project are already members of the
> GNU projects, you can guess that the project they specify as GNU is ok
> for GNU already.
> We talked about this recently, so it's clear that this one is GNU.
> (I'm going to set it to GNU)
>
> Anyway, you should avoid as possible to send mail to maintainers to
> check if a project is GNU or not, there are busy ones.
>
> Generally, while you download and check the project tarball, you can
> get this information with ease.

Yes you are right, now you mention it I knew about the MUG project and
RMS said it was ok.

But for others it sometimes isn't quiet clear if it is part of the GNU
project.  I searched the FS directory and couldn't find it.

I guess I will recognize more and more people who are already GNU
project members, so I can trust them when I do more moderations.

Thank you for your advice,

Rudy
--
Rudy Gevaert ; address@hidden