[Savannah-hackers] submission of eXtra Access Operating System - whatev

From: bhun
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of eXtra Access Operating System - whatever - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:35:58 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

dhek bhun <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: eXtra Access Operating System - whatever
System name: xaos
Type: GNU

I am probably nuts, but I am trying to set up a automated linux from scratch
system using ant. The automation is done using ant/gcj (already works, but
libgcj is still buggy). I haven\'t sorted the effects of the Apache license out
yet. All scripts are xml (because it uses apache). The aim is to create a
package management system and a better integration of java into linux. Future
plans is to dump as much as possible into a database (is that safe?)

Other Software Required:
gcj (preferably 3.3) is the main target, a lot of stuff depends on code from
jakarta.apache.org code base. linux is the target for the system itself.

Other Comments:
the idea is to create a new distro heavily integrated with xml as to provide
easier configuration and management, currently I am trying to port tomcat to
work native. think about things like creating new ant scripts using a
webinterface, creating a new database based mailer (postgres), expand the
codebase of java based on gtk2.

you might ask why java? well it doesn\'t really matter what you use as a
language, but at the moment that\'s my forte. the distro is meant to give more
power to regular users and provide easier access to things like makefiles and
configure options.