[Savannah-hackers] submission of DMI Tools - savannah.nongnu.org

From: khali
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of DMI Tools - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:19:51 -0500

Jean Delvare <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: DMI Tools
System name: dmidecode
Type: non-GNU

I am now the active developer and maintainer of dmidecode, a DMI table decoder
tool primarily written by Alan Cox. I would like to use Savannah to offer other
developers the possibility to work on it, as well as a place for me to release
my improvements.

The original source code is here:
ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/alan/Software/System/DMI/dmidecode.c

My (not yet released) improvements include several bugfixes and, more
important, a complete support for SMBIOS specs version 2.3.3. It also provides
a better separation between DMI and non-DMI BIOS entrypoints.

Further developpements are planed.
 - separation of detection code and output code
 - XML output
 - libraryzation
 - support of future SMBIOS specs
 - DMI table encoding (no use for now AFAIK)

Other Software Required:
None, I guess that everyone has gcc installed :)

Other Comments: