[Savannah-hackers] submission of IronMailer, Webmail system - savannah.

From: jwkaltz
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of IronMailer, Webmail system - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:10:48 -0500

Joachim Wolfgang Kaltz <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: IronMailer, Webmail system
System name: ironmailer
Type: non-GNU

Hi
I\'ve written a new Webmail product.
A zip of the current source bundle, about 3 MB big, is at this URL:
http://www.jatec.ch/projects/ironmailer-src-20030122.zip
(I haven\'t added the license stuff in the source yet, waiting for your ok on
which license to use, I\'ll put it in first thing before uploading)

It\'s based on an XML & XSL presentation engine, using the open-source Cocoon
framework. The logic part is written in Java and communicates with IMAP servers
to handle mails.

Special features are true multi-language support, using the Cocoon dictionary
concept. So far I\'ve written 3 dictionaries (english, german and french) but
other people could just add a new dictionary to add support for a new language.
Also, this Webmail is faster than the open-source Webmail on my Linux
distribution (SquirrelMail), so this is another motivation.

Since the base is quite functional already, I\'d like to make it public, for
anyone wanting to try it out, and/or contribute.

Other Software Required:
A part of the project uses Java, but no Swing or other Java graphics at all
(the graphic stuff is all in XSL, pngs, ...)

Other Comments: