[Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: assigning bugs to someone without giving him cvs commit rights
Date: 06 Mar 2003 18:40:56 +0100

> > I can set his login to /bin/false and so he will be
> > unable to do use ssh (scp, rsync, cvs) at all with his account.
>
> I could write a dirty hack "shell" that would refuse to execute
> any commands that contain the string "dotgnu-pnet"... would that
> work?
>
> > If he is member of others project where he got right to write, can you
> > ask him to create another one account dedicated to dotgnu bug
> > tracking?
>
> Sounds like an "option of last resort" to me.

It would just save the creation of a "shell" for only one user.

Did you told this person that you do not want him to get write access
to the CVS? If so, you can tell that, for this reason, he have to
create another account.

But indeed, if you prefer, you can send me send "shell" that would
refuse to execute any commands that contain the string "dotgnu-pnet"
and I'll set his account to use that shell.

Regard,