Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ocrad - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ocrad - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:17:39 -0400

You can mail it to me.  But make sure that you the following already
checked:

To release your project under the GPL, you should put
copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).
Put it in a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explain the reason behind these recommendations.  For
example, there is an entry explaining why the GPL requires including a
copy of the GPL with every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude