[Savannah-hackers] Re: Invalid URL in registration response

From: pcg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Invalid URL in registration response
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:52:45 +0200

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:29:55PM +0200, Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Anyway, since it's so important for you and since I'm not in a mood

It's not very important for me atcually. I sent in a bugreport, and hoped
it to be fixed, or not, depending on the ressources available (most
probably time).

I didn't expect, however, to get these kind of replies, completely
neglecting the bug.

> for discussion of this kind ("you haven't got a clue", "this is bad"),

Well, I told you about the relevant documentation. Since you repeatedly
ignored it and _still_ hold to your (Wrong, btw) claims, I must suppose
you are clueless.

It's not bad to be clueless. What's bad is to be clueless and trying to
educate other people about it. That is outright dangerous, as other
people might actually believe that, spreading misinformation.

It wouldn't have taken that long for you to understand the issue at all,
I am sure. I am also quite sure that understanding the issue and writing
a much short repsonse (or not a response at all, I didn't ask for one,
or directing me to the right address to report bugs etc..) would not
only have saved both our time, it would also have given you more useful
knowledge, which is never a bad idea.

> It saves more time to fix that bug directly.

Much more than I asked for. I still recommend reading rfc1738 and 2822.
When you work with HTML it's always useful to know what a URL *really* is.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       address@hidden      |e|