[Savannah-hackers] [ 102210 ] phpGroupWare website move to GNU servers

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 102210 ] phpGroupWare website move to GNU servers
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:10:58 -0400

Support Request #102210, was updated on Tue 06/17/2003 at 16:44
You can respond by visiting:

Category: Web

By: dave.hall
Date: Tue 06/17/2003 at 17:10
Logged In: YES
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826

I would like to add a couple of comments to this :)

>From discussions I had with Norbet (aka nb), a chroot'd jail
would probably suit the needs of phpGW better.
Occassionally we need to restart services, upgrade software
etc.  In order to do this root access is really required.
As we have several people who will be responsible for
maintaining the website, we feel all these people should
have root access, which would be problematic on a shared host.

By: seek3r
Date: Tue 06/17/2003 at 16:44
Logged In: YES
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507

We are going to move the domain to the
GNU servers. I need to know how to go about this in
order to have the domain hosted and I will need mysql
and PHP support. From what I understand from Brad Kuhn,
we should set this up something like dotgnu has done.

Dan Kuykendall (seek3r)

You can respond by visiting: