Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of giFTcurs - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Göran Weinholt
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of giFTcurs - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:02:48 +0200

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 11:47:00AM +0100, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:35:19PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
[..snip..]
> where it reads:
>
>  * giFTcurs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as
>  * published by the Free Software Foundation.
>
> it should say:
>
>  * giFTcurs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
>  * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, either version 2
>  * or (at your option) any later version as
>  * published by the Free Software Foundation.

We've changed it to this:

 * giFTcurs is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.

Which is what COPYING says, all except for s/This program/giFTcurs/
of course. I hope this meets your requirements.

> The file COPYING that you have included already says that users can choose
> version 2 or any later version of the GPL. If a user finds that a later
> version does not give him the freedom he wants he can only use the software
> under the terms of the GPL version 2. We do not allow "GPL version 2 only"
> software for practical reasons (if a version 3 ever appears, we would might
> have software incompatibilities until all projects updated their licenses to
> allow version 3).

Thanks.

--
Göran Weinholt <address@hidden>
GPG: 1024D/4A8854E6 EC27 7F6A DFA9 CBBD 9EE3  F07A 8DF5 8BB6 4A88 54E6