[Savannah-hackers] submission of SeekIT - savannah.gnu.org

From: dpecos
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SeekIT - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:24:25 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Daniel Pecos Martinez <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: SeekIT
System name: seekit
Type: GNU

The purpose of my project is to have a tool on a linux machine, that help us to
find those things we can't remember where they are, instead of having to search
through all yor media collection.

It's being developed using C# and the Mono compiler, in order to get OS

portability. It has also been splited into different parts, which aloow as to
reimplement some of these parts, making them act as if they were plugins. For
example, the user interface can be a GTK one a web one, or whatever kind could
think of.

Furthermore it internally works with XML data, making it easy to translate it
into another formats like HTML, PDF ... (TODO)

Source code can be found on SourceForge cvs repository, and can also be found
on http://www.aditel.org/~dpecos/projects/seekit/bin/seekit-0.6.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
mono, gtk-sharp, make

Other Comments: