[Savannah-hackers] [support #102459] CVS checkout of savannah module is

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102459] CVS checkout of savannah module is broken
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:51:43 -0400

Support Request #102459, was updated on Fri 09/19/2003 at 11:47
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102459&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: lurk
Date: Fri 09/19/2003 at 21:51
Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Safari/85

Yep there are actually quite a few of them still in use and they are

making new ones all the time ;-)  I really don't have a hard opinion one

way or the other but the more I use the Mac I actually am starting to like

it.  I don't have to always do an ls to see if I need to look at readme,

Readme, or README.

My personal rule now is just to make sure that all my names differ on

more than just case as a nod to portability.

Just another couple of quick points.  Yes I could have a partition which is

formatted UFS and would be case sensitive on my Mac but that has some

other problems which makes it not so nice.

None of the FAT partitions are case sensitive either which may not

matter for the most part if you don't care about windows.  However, one

important case where it does matter is for solid state disks.  I have a

little flash USB hard drive keychain I like to carry all my important

projects around on and it is formatted as FAT32.  Part of the utility of

this little bugger is that I can stick it into any computer be it Linux, Mac

OS or windows and access my files so reformatting it to be something

incompatible with 2/3 of the OSes I have to deal with would be foolish.

If one is relying on case alone to prevent name collisions then you

cannot transfer your files to just any random flash drive.

Well I guess you get the point ;-)

Thanks for your help,

-Eric

By: yeupou