[Savannah-hackers] Problem with SKS CVS access

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with SKS CVS access
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:53:23 -0500 (EST)

I've been seeing problems with CVS access to Savannah.  Here's what
happened when I tried an anonymous login:

dragonfly: tmp $ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/sks
login
(Logging in to address@hidden)
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server subversions.gnu.org: EOF
dragonfly: tmp $

And here's the log sent to me by a user trying to access the repository:

pks# cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden/cvsroot/sks co sks
cvs server: warning: cannot write to history file
/cvsroot/sks/CVSROOT/history:
Permission denied
cvs server: Updating sks
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvsroot/sks/sks'
(/cvsroot/sks/sks/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvsroot/sks/sks'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
pks#

Any ideas?
Yaron

|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916