[Savannah-hackers] hosted projects discriminatory policies

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] hosted projects discriminatory policies
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:22:02 +0100

A user, known to sometimes create trouble, reported that the project
administrator of "DotGNU Portable.NET", Rhys Weatherley, close his
bugs reports in an abusive way.

For instance, Rhys Weatherley closed the bug #6929 by saying:
    "Bug submission from banned contributor. Closed without
    considering it as per previously stated policy"

While I usually consider that internal management issues should be
dealth by project administrators themselves, I'm not sure that
tolerating such an attitude on Savannah is a good move.

As Alejandro Borges said, "I wouldnt reject a patch from bill gates
himself without consideration, how does this uphold GNU values?".

What do you think?

Should we accept from hosted project to behave in morally questionable
manner, by establishing a black-list and disregarding reports without
consideration, or not?

Report of the problem:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102654>

Example of a bug report closed without consideration:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6929>

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |