[Savannah-hackers] submission of cwheat is an Eat Watch. - savannah.nong

From: nthomas
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of cwheat is an Eat Watch. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:38:45 -0500

Noble Thomas <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: mbsd
Other License:
Package: cwheat is an Eat Watch.
System name: cwheat
Type: non-GNU

chweat is an implementation of the Eat Watch, as described by John Walker in
the "Hacker's Diet". It is basically used to guage and graph a person's weight.

The book (non-free) is available for reading online here:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

John Walker has written an excellent public domain Eat Watch for the Palm Pilot
to go along with this book.

chweat is basically an implementation of the Eat Watch that runs on free
operating systems. I have not borrowed any code so far from the Palm version,
but I may do so, incorporating it into my license (BSD or X11).

A snapshot of the code is available here:

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~nthomas/cwheat/cwheat.tgz

Other Software Required:
In its current form, cwheat requires Berkeley DB, libxml, and glib,
libfreetype, and gd.

For the first version of the program, there will be no GUI. THe program will
have a CLI that will spit out PNG images. A future version will have a Gtk
based interface.

Other Comments:
If anyone is wondering, I named the project "Cat Wheat" which is an anagram of
"Eat Watch". However, the name was somewhat long for me to type and refer to
all the time, so I shortened it to cwheat (pronounced "see-wheat").

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/