[Savannah-hackers] Mailing list creation fails with unhelpful error

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:32:59 +0000

Hello,

When I try to create a mailing list for my project 'gnome-tamil' (ie,
when I press 'Add this list' after creating a mailing list that is
selected to be publicly visible)

I am directed to this page...
https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/admin/index.php
with this message
"Permission denied [#1];
This project's administrator will have to grant you permission to view
this page."

Also the admin page from where the mailing list is to be created
https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/admin/index.php?group=gnome-tamil&add_list=1
has this footer
"Warning: savannah was not able to read "mail/about_list_creation"
site-specific information, please contact administrators [#1];"

[who are the administrators... the savannah-hackers list? then this
should be clear imho]

This occured at least twice in the past (over 10 days) and I put it down
as part of the restructuring process and as I thought my project was not
too important.

But it does not seem to be so.

Do you have to authorise something?... in that case the error has to be
much more clear.
I need to create another list for technical support to translators too.

Worryingly it all looks similar to a bug still open at
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102648
except my priority will be ranked 'high'

Is there something else that needs to be done?

Regards,

Ramanan