Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:44:51 +0100

I went through almost all the pending support requests. Half of them are still
open.

Here is a new 'TODO list', updated. It is currently easier to maintain it this way, because notification in support requests does not work yet.

* www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository; we need to know if it is back, and what is the new repository path (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00105.html and http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00114.html). The CVS HTML page at https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnutls, for example, should be updated, since the cvs "instruction set" is missing.
The repository seems to be /webcvs/www/www/<wwwproject> but is empty.
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden

* The e-mail change is not properly working: some users cannot receive
lost passwords
Source: https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802
It also happens with new accounts:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102848
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden (npcom)

* Cc notification in support requests are not received; there is a bug
request in the savannah group about that (I do receive notification
when I submit a bug, though). It makes me hard for me to check support
requests. In addition, some features produces a warning about sending
mail: asking for e-mail change, and submitting a membership request.

https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102659
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102732
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102774
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden,address@hidden,
address@hidden

* File upload seems to be unreliable. (address@hidden takes care of this)
Sources:
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102766
https://savannah.nongnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2838
Notify: address@hidden

Source:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102781
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00208.html
Notify: address@hidden

* Fix the permissions in jcurzez's source repository
Source: http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00193.html
Notify: address@hidden

* Change e-mail adress of user 'georgesk' from the now non-existant address@hidden to address@hidden -- once he is identified.
Same for user blytkerchan (address@hidden -> address@hidden)
Same for user cfry (address@hidden -> address@hidden)
Sources:
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102792
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102733
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00199.html

* Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00099.html
and
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00096.html).
Maybe could we also use bzip2 instead of gzip long the way? And how
about daily snapshot?
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden, <mr-russ>,
address@hidden

* There are also some nongu projects to move to sv.gnu.org.  Notify:
address@hidden (gtick), address@hidden (freedink/dink), <dale_mellor>
(mcron), address@hidden (GUSS)

* The fact CVSROOT is not world-writable is problematic for some
projects
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00120.html).
Notify: address@hidden

* This also implies cvscommit is not possible. I saw a reference to a
workaround w/o giving CVSROOT access, but I do now know more.
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden

* Check why there are problems with gcc's repository when using tags. It seems that making val-tags from CVSROOT may be a solution (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102807)

* Check the Python error at http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/?only_with_tag=gcc_3_2_3_release (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00097.html). It seems it is not related the problem above, since it does not happen with mldonkey.

* Provide a way for users to delete their account

* (or) send a e-mail to the address of the account 'colossal', check
whether this person definitely want its account to be deleted, and
delete it by hand
(http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00113.html)
Same for 'Isam'
(http://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102800)

* The "Help Support" link is misunderstood by several visitors, who post help request about a specific project

* A FAQ for creating the GPG key (with an emphasis on the fact it is very straightforward since people complain) could be added. Draft: https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102738

* There are several typos on the website:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00184.html
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102825
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102816
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102662 (end of message)
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102684

* There is a PHP warning when using Opera and being a non-priviledged
user and replying to a support request. It does not prevent the
comment from being posted, though.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102779

* Is there an estimation on when projects registration can be processed again?
Notify: address@hidden, address@hidden, news item

--
Sylvain