[Savannah-hackers] Re: Help wanted (sysadmin work)

From: Yaroslav Klyukin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Help wanted (sysadmin work)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:13:51 -0400

Also, we would be pleased to know a little more about you :)

I am originally from Russia. Have been living in the US for almost 3 years so far. Work with computers since I was 16-17. Now I almost 26. Started with 186 PC compatible, then saved up some money and baught 386. Primary occupation on the first computer was programming in basic and assembler for DOS, and playing primitive games. 386 introduced me into the world of FIDO, BBSes, modems and Doom over modem at 3AM with a BBS user :) That was a wonderfull time. Then came internet, and it was not difficult for me to adopt to it, after being in FIDO for quite awhile.

Unfortunately for me, being a sysadmin, I have never had a chance to participate in any software project, despite I learned several programming languages and written patches for existing programs, as well as scripts in bash and perl.