Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TribeStrive -

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TribeStrive -
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:55:48 +0100

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:15:12PM -0700, Jarmaug wrote:
> --- Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden> wrote:
> > During registration, you selected `GNU' as the type of your project.  Do
> > you intend requesting your project become part of the GNU project?
> >
> The source code that mine is derived from is GNU GPL, I have no choice, do I?

You certainly do have a choice!

The licensing of a project does not mandate which overall project it
is a member of.  Just because you use the GPL, it does not mean that
your project has to be part of the GNU project.

for more information.

If you do not intend on requesting that your project become part of the
GNU project, I can approve the project as non-GNU.

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4