[Savannah-hackers] [support #103245] removal of delay between web page c

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103245] removal of delay between web page commit and actual update
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:17:22 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103245] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Sun 09/26/2004 at 10:59 (Europe/London)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Category | None                      | Project homepages
            Severity | 3 - Ordinary              | 5 - Average

We're working on a way to bring back real-time feeling, but without completely

[support #103245] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Jean-Yves Lefort
On: Mon 08/09/2004 at 14:22

Category:  Project homepages

Original Submission:  Would it be possible to remove the delay between web page
CVS  commits and the actual page update?

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Sun 09/26/2004 at 10:59       By: Elfyn McBratney <beu>
We're working on a way to bring back real-time feeling, but without completely

Date: Sun 08/15/2004 at 21:46       By: Michael J. Flickinger <mjflick>
This is currently being taken care of.

For more information read:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-08/msg00287.html

Date: Sun 08/15/2004 at 12:13       By: Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort>
A CVS commit hook could be used to scp the files to their hosting location as
soon as they are committed.

No rocket science here.

Date: Tue 08/10/2004 at 14:24       By: Elfyn McBratney <beu>
Perhaps we should pester the sysadmins to lower the delay?  I'd be in favour of
no delay, of course, but maybe we can try and get it lowered to something
reasonable.  Say, 5 minutes?

Any comments? :)

Date: Mon 08/09/2004 at 14:50       By: Michael J. Flickinger <mjflick>
The webserver is on a separate machine from Savannah.  The webserver is
syndicated every so often with the respective project's webspace.  So, there is
no way for the delay to be avoided.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103245>

  Message sent via/by Savannah