Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Basilic : Web server for publicatio

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Basilic : Web server for publication dif - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:00:02 -0300

address@hidden writes:

> Gilles Debunne <address@hidden> described the package as
> follows: License: gpl Other License: Package: Basilic : Web server
> for publication dif System name: basilic Type: GNU

> laboratories. It automates and facilitates the diffusion of research
> publications over the Internet, automatically generating web pages
> from a publication database. Each publication has an associated web
> page, which provides downloads and additional documents (abstract,
> images, BibTeX...). Index pages are also created, including a search
> engine with several options for results display. New publications
> can be added to the database in an instant.
>
> See the project main page: http://artis.imag.fr/Software/Basilic/
>
> Other Software Required: Php, MySQL and apache web server.

Hi Gilles Debunne:

I'm evaluating the project (basilic) you submitted for approval in
Savannah.

I reviewed the source code that I found in the web page that you
submitted. In this source code all files had the Copyright and Notices
License missing. To learn about how to use and apply the GNU GPL in
your project, read this URL:

     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

And if you still having some problems to understand how to apply the
Copyright and Notices License on a file, consider to read these URLs:

     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

I found that in the Images/ directory you have some GIF images. Please
remove these GIF image files from your project and replace them with an
other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have
free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the
compress program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

I'll wait your updated tarball with these changes.