[Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #218309] Tramp as GNU project

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #218309] Tramp as GNU project
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:13:54 +0100

"James Blair via RT" <address@hidden> writes:

> Apparently since Tramp is distributed with Emacs, it is a defacto GNU
> project.  You might want to talk with RMS regarding an official dubbing,
> as well as with Ted Teah <address@hidden> about getting an entry in
> the maintainers file.

I've shortly cross-checked the Tramp files with the requirements for
GNU projects (wording, license, etc). As expected, Tramp is prepared
for this. Tramp documentation will be updated by us for the new
locations. What else we must take into account?

> I've added the savannah-hackers as a CC.  I think we can get started on
> moving you from non-gnu to gnu.

Yep. The gnu-related download area and project homepage directories
will be created by savannah-hackers I guess. Will the existing files
be copied or moved from non-gnu?

> -Jim

Best regards, Michael.