[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #103933] Cleaning up mailing list archive

From: Karl Berry
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:02:35 -0600

Hi Thomas and all,

    filtered mboxes, but didn't receive a reply so far.

webmasters, in general, can't do anything about lists.gnu.org, only
(some of) www.gnu.org.  I believe that anyone with mailman/mharc access
(savannah, sysadmin, me) can install new mboxes and regenerate the
lists, however:

    I second Ralf's request to keep the existing html interface
    (i.e. the URLs) intact, if that's doable without too much hassle.

Did you do anything to preserve url's in your filtering?  Otherwise,
installing the reduced mboxes in the ordinary way (arch --wipe) will
change all the url's.

I remain unaware of any existing code that will spamfilter an existing
archive while preserving the url's.  It would be great if someone could
volunteer to write such a thing.  It does not seem exactly trivial.

I do think that existing url's should be preserved by any process that
is applied to many gnu.org lists.

Best,
karl