[Savannah-help-public] Re: Modifying/Updating source/documentation/downl

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Modifying/Updating source/documentation/download
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:44:35 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden or address@hidden will do.

> By mistake, I managed to create (so far) three separate entries in the
> efcp project's source repository: efcp, which only contains empty
> (sub)directories; Logix, which contains almost all of the Source; bin,
> which contains a few auxiliary perl files.  Now that my understanding has
> improved (somewhat) it would seem correct to remove the junk from efcp,
> and to make Logix and bin its sub-directories.  So far, I haven't
> discovered how to do that (I tried remove with various options and in
> various combinations with commit - OK I tried to hack it :).  Can you
> point me to some relevant documentation?

Apparently you want to get more information about CVS.  Check the CVS
Info manual (type 'info cvs') or ask address@hidden

> I would also like to add an Examples directory to the first level of the
> repository; is that OK?  Should the examples include the Open Source
> disclaimer (like the modules of the system) - I don't consider them
> proprietary in any sense, but you (savannah) may!  Should I "import" the
> Examples, or is some other method preferable (other than item-by-item
> "add")?

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement,
not projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software
that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means something pretty
close to Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For more
information, please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

All non-trival (> 10 lines) source code files you upload at Savannah
need to carry a copyright and a license notice. It's important that
people using your examples know exactly what permissions they have.

http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea

> Finally, with regard to the Documentation, is a document added by the
> "Submit" menu item?  And, since the documents will all be in html, is a
> link to the License sufficient?

You need to add a copy of the GFDL along with your documentation. URLs
may change or be obsoleted in the future.

--
Sylvain