Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Project description page

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Project description page
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 01:43:49 +0100

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:52:04PM +0200, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > On 28/10/2007 Yavor Doganov wrote:
> > > The agreed standard location was
> > > http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/$project/
> > > ...but TTBOMK we're still waiting for the Savannah hackers to ack
> > > whether this could be done.
> >
> > I found that for the Italian group the web repository location had
> > already been updated to the one you described. Unfortunately, trying to
> > commit a file in our web repository did not result in it showing up at
> > the expected location, so some part of the infrastructure is still
> > missing.
> >
> > Will this be fixed soon? May we help in some way?
>
> Unfortunately I can't answer this question, I hope that Sylvain or
> someone else from the Savannah hackers will reply.

Hi,

I don't think that's possible right now. Currently the replication
from Savannah to the web machine is done using a simplist GNU
(gnu.org/software/X/) non-GNU (www.nongnu.org/X/) separation.

We (FSF admins and Savannah Hackers) are supposed to rework the
nongnu.org part soon (possibly move it entirely to the Savannah
machine), but no plan yet for the gnu.org part.

So, hmmm, let's ask address@hidden what they think about mapping
some projects to http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/X/
(new mail)