Re: [gnu.org #359140] Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-ema

From: address@hidden via RT
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #359140] Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 19:55:55 -0400

On Fri, 02 May 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > Thank you -- by "envelope from" I mean the value submitted during the
> > SMTP exchange for the MAIL command, e.g. MAIL FROM:
> > <address@hidden> -- if this is correct, I can
>              ^^^^^^
>             bounces
>
> > set up the router based on that, but I'd like to also restrict the
> > router's action by client, that is, "What host will be sending the mail
> > that you actually want distributed to the list?" Will it be
> > 64.62.190.156? Or 138.23.92.77?
>
> I do not know the host.

It'll normally be 138.23.92.77, assuming that the mail is sent
directly from debbugs to the mailing list, and not via
lists.donarmstrong.com as it is currently. [Obviously, that should be
easily changeable if it's restricted like that, as it's not always
going to be that machine.]

> It's not terribly serious if a few messages go straight to the
> mailing-list without being fed through
> address@hidden

Right. And in any event, debbugs does have reasonable loop handling,
so most of these should be detected and discarded, *so long* as

Don Armstrong

--
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its
freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it