Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:30:20 +0200

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:45:02AM -0400, Matt Lee wrote:
> On 10/16/2009 09:24 AM, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
>
> > And just because Mozilla is showing a warning to users doesn't mean we
> > have to abide: they is also a warning that we should install Adobe
> > Flash after a first install, and hopefully we won't be similarly
> > influenced.
>
> This is not just about Mozilla. All browsers throw an error, some more
> severe to the user than others. This problem applies to all browsers, on
> almost every distribution, operating system and platform.

Mozilla follows money-based audit. Konqueror follows MS IE. Ubuntu
follows Mozilla. You offer to follow them. But those who have a
minimum of independance of mind decided to include CAcert.

> Also, Mozilla browsers do not tell the user to install Flash when you
> first install it. GNU Icecat is based on Mozilla technology and has the
> same problem, too.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/enterprise/351376/firefox-nags-users-to-upgrade-adobe-flash-player
You lost me in the second part.

> Absolutely. I will talk to the sysadmins today about getting this
> ordered and ask them to talk to Beuc about making it happen.

I don't know about other Savannah hackers, but if that happened I'd
certainly have better things to do.

--
Sylvain