Re: [Savannah-help-public] spam filtering on bug reports

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] spam filtering on bug reports
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 16:12:59 -0800

Hi Jan,

    I've received several spam messages from
    Savannah that were posted as comments on a bug I am tracking

We should delete that user.  Please point us to the spam.
Or you can flag it (if you didn't).

Clearly the captcha is insufficient to prevent spammers from signing up,
but I've already said everything on that subject I can think of.

    In my (short) experience, few helpful comments have hyperlinks to
    external documents -

Disagree.

    most (all?) spam messages are links to random sites.

Agree.

    Would an automated policy of rejecting posts with external links
    (mostly) solve the problem?

I think it would create more problems than it would solve.

    Who can I contact to get it implemented (or enabled) in Savannah?

Ultimately, Michael Flickinger (who reads this list) has the decisive
voice in such decisions, since he is doing all the heavy implementing.

Best,
Karl