[Savannah-register-public] [task #5144] Submission of Super Grub Disk

From: adrian15
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5144] Submission of Super Grub Disk
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:36:37 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8261>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Super Grub Disk

System Group Name:
-----------------
  supergrub

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  Purpose:
========
Main purpose is helping people to restore Grub on their MBR after a windows
installation although Super Grub Disk has many features, all based on GNU
GRUB, that make, thought easy menues, easy to do things as swap hard disks at
the bios level or changing keyboard layouts.
============
Super Grub Disk is a bootable floppy or CDROM that is oriented towards system
rescue, specifically for repairing the booting process. It can activate
partitions, boot partitions, boot MBRs, boot your former OS (Linux or another
one) by loading menu.lst from your hard disk, automatically restore Grub on
your MBR, swap hard disks in the BIOS, and boot from any available disk
device. It has multi-language support, and allows you to change the keyboard
layout of your shell.
Technical details:
===================
Super Grub Disk is simply a Grub Disk with a lot of useful menus. Currently
works with a patched 0.97 version of grub for fixing an annoying error called
error 25.
Future of SGD:
==============
I am going to modify GNU GRUB in order to add variables support to grub, a
new command called call (similar to source command in bash), and more other
things to make SGD development easier.
SGD focus will move a little from original restore/fixing purpose to
livecd/knoppix booting by giving menues for being able of choosing parametres
that are passed to the linux kernel (the ones we see at /proc/cmdline).
Interesting urls:
=================
Super Grub Disk webpage:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/grub/
Source code available at:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/grub/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=4
Lots of screenshots:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/grub/tiki-galleries.php
Download Super Grub Disk:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/grub/tiki-file_galleries.php

Other Comments:
  Currently I use tikiwiki as the web generator/engine. I've realised that it
uses gif... if I have a web space with php capabilities I'll try to search for
a non-gif scheme/template for it or... I'll have to switch to another web
generator/engine.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5144>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/