[Savannah-register-public] [task #5863] Submission of secure democracy

From: Jos H. Boersema
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5863] Submission of secure democracy
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:26:42 +0000

Hi,

I am (more then) willing to make any needed changes, to secure
the program properly under the GPL (etc) without any possible
ambiguities. Thanks for making this easy...

GNU.FREE is a already an official GNU democracy program:
http://directory.fsf.org/gnu.free.html

About the copyright: I would like the program to be safe under
its free license(s), and do whatever needed for that goal. If
it's needed that the GPL is occaisionally upgraded, then it
is possibly needed to upgrade the program license. I wonder how
this would be possible if I'm not doing it. If the FSF has
copyright, it could presumably release new versions under new
upgrades of the license (?). I've found a link on this:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCAssignCopyright
I want to assign copyright to the FSF, but I wonder what that
means for my own copyright position. Will I effectively lose
copyright, will it be shared copyright ("both must agree to
changes"), or independent copyright ("both can do whatever they
want"). Option 1 I don't like much, options 2 and 3 are OK.

I will post a notice when the changes have been made.

Jos Boersema

PS I think you are very quick with your responces. If this takes
a whole year to decide, I do not mind at all. Take your time,
no pressure. It will probably make for better decisions in the
end. I have been writing this for years, and will be for years
(hopefully). A year more or less doesn't mean anything.