[Savannah-register-public] [task #9618] Submission of OpenVRML

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9618] Submission of OpenVRML
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 03:50:30 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => nicalvaro

Follow-up Comment #1:

I have not checked your tarball, but it may take some time depending on the
size of it.

I see a few problems.

1) Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want the
public to think of them as free software projects.  A project name that says
"open" will tend to lead people to think of the project as "open source"
instead of "free software".

We would be glad if you accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your
project name.

2) Savannah is a central point for development, distribution and maintenance
of GNU Software.

There is a companion site savannah.nongnu.org where we also host Free
Software projects that are not part of the GNU Project, but run on free
platforms.

However, we do not allow to host your project on Savannah and SourceForge at
the same time, if Savannah is just a project mirror. Your project development
should happen primarily on Savannah.

How do you plan on using your Savannah account?