[Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:03:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Ineiev!

>> These also were taken from GNU Guile... Would it be an idea to ask the
Guile
>> developers?
>
> Yes, perhaps asking the Guile developers is the right thing to do. In fact,
> this may be a conflict with GNU maintainer guidelines (like GNU software
> should use the latest versions of GNU licenses, hence the LGPLv3).

Done.  I found that original sources are MIT licensed and changes
released under `the Guile license"

> I still can see some issues:
>
> lib/string/agrz-count.c says it's under the LGPLv2.1+;

Oops...ah yes, the 17-rc has preparations for the Hurd.  I added a
notice that this is taken from GNU C lib and re-licensed; same for
argz-extract.c.

> scaffold/tinycc/11_precedence.c has no notices (note that I didn't check
all
> files in the tarball).

There's a LICENSE and COPYING file in that directory.  These were taken
verbatim from TinyCC -- I only removed the 46_grep.c that was clearly
non-free.

> As I mentioned, images should have copyright and license notices,
> too; generally, if file format doesn't allow such comments,
> they should be written in a README file in the same directory
> with those files.

Ah, I overlooked that.  I've added two READMEs; images are either
created by me, generated or taken from GuixSD.

Changes are up on

    the wip-gnu branch at: http://gitlab.com/janneke/mes
    a preliminary tarball: http://lilypond.org/janneke/mes-0.17-rc2.tar.gz

Greetings,