[Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand

From: Donn
Subject: [Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:25:58 +0200

Hello,
I have spent a few fruitless hours trying to get my tar file into my new
project on Savannah.nongnu. My project (fontypython) was accepted and I am
totally new to this cvs mumbo-jumbo.

So far this is typical: (I hid my name, not sure about security etc)

$ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/fontypython co
fontypython
Connection closed by 199.232.41.69
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

I have done the ssh stuff as explained on the savannah website. I created a
key, submitted it on the Sav website. I did the export CVS_RSH etc.

Is there something I am not grokking (likely) or is the server down?

Thanks,
Donn.