Re: [Savannah-users] file size and traffic limits?

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] file size and traffic limits?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:35:52 -0600

Hi Adrelanos,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM, adrelanos <address@hidden> wrote:

> What is maximum allowed file size savannah non-gnu?
>
> How much traffic can you handle?
>
> Next Whonix version has ~3 GB file size and the current version has
> ~1000 downloads per week and who knows how many people will try it out
> when next version is announced. It is still hosted on sourceforge and
> before I upload it to savannah, I wanted to ask if you can handle the load.

I'm not a Savannah admin. I recall there being source DVDs for
GNU/Linux distros that were larger than 3GB, so the file size is
likely not a problem. The additional 3TB/week of traffic may (maybe a
Savannah admin can let you know).

Would it be possible to make a torrent file of the release, and
promote the torrent as the preferred download method? For downloads
more than about 100MB I personally always pick the torrent because
it's resistant to dropped connections or silent corruption.

Cheers,
Jan