screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU screen on Debian 9.0 runs with root account only
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:08:31 +0200

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 10:43:55 +0200
Oscar Barreca <address@hidden> wrote:

> GNU screen returns immediately after being started, without reporting errors
> <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=869551> is the page at
> which the report is located. Sorry I did not link it before.

Hi,

from what I see from strace and stackoverflow page
  stat("/run/screen/S-none/20752.pts-0.vacuum", 0x7ffd9b35c5b0) = -1 ENOENT (No
such file or directory)
and
  address@hidden:~$ screen\n address@hidden:~$ echo $?\n 0\n
your username seems to be "none", and from what I recall is is treated
specially by acl in screen, can you try adding another account or
changing username and check if it works under it?

Cheers,
Amadeusz Sławiński