Re: new window

From: Buddy Burden
Subject: Re: new window
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:36:07 -0500

You could use ssh key pairs and keychain for no-password
logins. And with something like
you could let pam spawn the ssh-agent.

Well, that's fine except for a couple issues:

1) I have one or two servers that I absolutely can't make ssh log into without a password. I haven't quite figured out why yet.

2) That only works for ssh. There are other situations where I have a similar problem (e.g., logging into mysql).

Since I let this one lie fallow so long before replying, let me just reiterate the problem briefly: using the stuff command in .screenrc doesn't seem to work if what you need it to do is respond to a "Password:" prompt. Not sure if there's any way around this, but I thought I'd ask.

                -- Buddy