Re: (no subject)

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:14:10 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 12:13:29PM -0500, Raymond Page wrote:
> I'm glad to see some people are interested in putting forth ideas.
> I know a lot of people would benefit from having the window
> drawing code redone so that horizontal/vertical splits can be
> achieved in a manner akin to vim.

You don't have to redo the window drawing code for this, it already
supports it. It's just the user interface stuff and the resize
handling that would need some work.

> Also mouse support would be a great feature.

Already there. Unfortunatelly many applications compare $TERM
to "xterm" to check for mouse support and won't work within screen.

> Setup mousewheel to scroll back through each
> window's scrollback buffer as opposed to the terminals buffer.

Hmm. Could be done, I guess.

> Allow mouse clicking of hardstatus/caption lines, and linking
> entities such as window name to changing current window.

Not easy, as screen must keep track of the position of the window
name in the hardstatus line to make it work. Doable, but maybe
not worth the hassle. How do the other list members feel about this?

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden