Can screen tell me where I logged in from?

From: Eric Smith
Subject: Can screen tell me where I logged in from?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:07:32 +0100

I use a context sensitive script that determines from $SSH_CLIENT the
location that I am
logging in from.  This works perfectly in a non-screen session.
However when I attach screen this variable contains the value exported
from the environment where I started screen.

Is it possible to export a variable to a running screen session so
that it is redefined when I reattach?

Or do I have to attach screen via a wrapper script that writes
location info to a file - which is messy.

Eric Smith