Re: New screen features available

From: Andy Harrison
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:15:56 -0500

On 2/6/07, Michael Schroeder
<address@hidden> wrote:
- window groups

  currently a bit ugly to create:
      screen -t <name> //group
  creates a group named <name>

  a group is a subset of windows, ^Aw will only display the
  current group and next/prev will not leave the group.
  Use ^A" to list all windows of the current group (this also
  leaves to group, so that next/prev or a second ^A" will
  show the other windows.

That's very cool.  I currently do groups by sourcing some some files
with different screen commands in them.  This will make things much

So, feedback welcome. You probably have a lot of suggestions and
enhancement requests. Sorry that development is a bit slow at
the moment due to not enough spare time...

One thing that would be great is if there were a command similar to
'screen -list' only it would display the contents of a windowlist
right from the commandline.

Wow, just realized I've been a screen user for 15 years...

Andy Harrison