^A / ^E home keys not working

From: John Skulski
Subject: ^A / ^E home keys not working
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 15:28:31 -0700

Hey,

I love using screen and have some quirks to iron out.
Relevant info, ssh from Mactop (both macterminal and xterm) with to debian screen 4.00.03

my ^A / ^E to get me to the beginning and end of lines in zsh or bash. In vim I have ^C to :noh and that works. I'm not sure what controls this or where to look.

Also sometimes in vim (7.x) when I scroll some indents are highlighted (like /^\t+/) but it's not consistent, blocks are highlighted but not every one. ^L fixes it, but I have to do it 70% of times i scroll.

Thanks!
jsk