Re: GSoC project (screen - embedded scripting support)

From: Robert Blackwell
Subject: Re: GSoC project (screen - embedded scripting support)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:30:31 -0400

Would you consider changing it to embed Parrot, http://parrot.org. If so I am hosting a Parrot Virtual Machine Workshop June 20-21 before the Yet Another Perl Conference, http://yapc10.org.

I am sure many people at the workshop would be happy to help you.

Ivo wrote:
Hi,

I am interested in applying for GSoC, and I like the idea of scripting
support in screen. I am thinking about Perl support, mainly because I know
the language a little bit, but I am open to change it to lua, Python, if one
of these is more interesting for screen users. I have some examples of what
I want from script to do, like executing commands in specified windows,
handle with monitored windows, creating/switching regions and so on. I want
to ask you, if there is something about scripting, you want to be done (some
ideas, what the interface between screen and scipting language should
handle), please let me know. Thanks,

--
Ivo Kovac