Re: [Simulavr-devel] cleaned up uart patch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] cleaned up uart patch
Date: Thu Sep 19 12:23:03 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, ken restivo wrote:

:) Looks good.
:)
:) Sorry it took so long to respond, I had to handle some DNS-related
:) emergencies, and was off-list for a while.
:)
:) I'll send a testprogram; sorry I forgot about that the first time around.
:)
:) I like the idea of an "experimental" branch, where I (and maybe others)
:) can continue fleshing out the mega163 support, which is not in your
:) official project roadmap for quite a while, but might be of interest to
:) others or could be backported into the stable branch.

Get me the test program so I can test it and try to grok it. Then I'll
make a branch for you. I just want to make sure the files work as
advertised before adding them to the cvs repo.

:)
:) In the interest of sanity (and in helping you move forward on your
:) roadmap) shall I also prepare a patch for adding 8515 UART support (it
:) is different from the mega163, of course)? That might be something you
:) could mainline, and, if I run into weird problems, it could provide a
:) clean, tested baseline for testing.

It's probably time to rethink the road map since it looks like atmel is
tending toward the mega devices and slowing killing off the at90s parts.
I'd say keep working on the 163.

:)
:) This weekend I'll (hopefully) have time to get back to this and other
:) AVR hacking.

Keep on it. I doubt I'll have much time for simulavr this weekend as I've
been making progress on another related (yet to be announced) project that
I want to focus on. ;-)

Ted "What's that behind your back?" Roth