Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: Building the python interface (subject line was

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: Building the python interface (subject line was missing)
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 07:35:21 -0700

On Sun Jun  7  5:21 , Onno Kortmann  sent:

>> Alas, patch failed:
>> > address@hidden cvs0605]$ cat *.patch | patch --dry-run -p1
>> > patching file m4/AX_AVR_ENVIRON.m4
>> > patching file src/Makefile.am
>> > patching file examples/Makefile.am
>> > patching file src/Makefile.am
>> > Hunk #2 FAILED at 87.
>> > 1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/Makefile.am.rej
>>
>> Any ideas?
>Yes, I'm sorry, that's my diverged fork again...
>I have submitted a single, combined patch that applies cleanly to current CVS
HEAD into
>the savannah tracker.
>Please give feedback whether it works :-)

patch, bootstrap and configure worked,
though bootstrap still tells me to run configure in the source directory.
make also appears to have worked.

When I named the patch in the command, patch seemed to be waiting.
Rather than see if it would wait forever, I fed the patch through standard
input.
That was much faster.

For folks like me, it would save some fear and uncertainty,
not to mention doubt, if a patch's documentation explicitly mentioned
its p-level and the directory from which it was to be applied.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden