Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:08:54 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
I've been trying to make an atmega88 and a atmega168 based on the atmega48.
Having written my code and wanting to try to compile it,
I edited Makefile.am to add them to the build system.
When I ran bootstrap again, I got a slew of messages about bad cached data.
I have never seen this type of message before on any autoconf project.
I wonder what would even trip it.
When running configure, I was told that --enable-python was not a recognized
option.
--enable-tcl was ok.
After moving autom4te.cache, I tried again.
Better to run bootstrap -c.
Same result.
I've attached the new Makefile.am .

As Thomas said, you want to add your new files to the list "libsim_la_SOURCES"
in src/Makefile.am.  Then bootstrap from the top directory.

When in doubt, bootstrap -c, then bootstrap.
--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985