Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #35594] Build fails with swig 2.0.4

From: Torsten Duwe
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [bug #35594] Build fails with swig 2.0.4
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:08:29 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012, Thomas K. wrote:

the error message is a little bit unclear. :-) In the moment there is a strict
binding to swig 1.3.x. (but at least 1.3.18, the latest is 1.3.40) In the
moment I don't know, what's happen, if you try to use swig 2.0.x. (by the way,
there was also a message on mailinglist in december 2010 for that, see
archive)

That patch from 2010-12 does only half the trick, if I see correctly. It should be something like

$available_major -gt $required_major -o

($available_major -eq $required_major -a $available_minor -gt $required_minor ) -o

($available_major -eq $required_major -a $available_minor -eq
$required_minor  -a $available_patch -gt $required_patch )

Or you do some string manipulation tricks.

Anyway, is there any indication that swig-2.x breaks something? I didn't bother to mess with the above test, and hit it hard to roughly match any swig version. The swig changelog talks about lots of cleanup; no hints to incompatibilities. Swig-2.0 is over 2 years old now.

There is nothing to find about migration from swig 1.3.x to 2.0.x in net.

Maybe because there's nothing to do? Disclaimer: I have no insight into this. All I can say is that simulavr builds, and works for my purposes, when built with swig-2.0.4

        Torsten