Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulation with serialrx/tx is broken

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulation with serialrx/tx is broken
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 10:44:10 +0200

Marek Pietrzak wrote:

> The same here, recently I returned to my Python simulation playground
> and discovered it no longer works with latest version. I analysed diffs
> and discovered Petr had introduced min heap for step ordering which is a
> good move forward,

Can you explain why this is a move forward. What is the benefit of
replacing the STL implementation?

> yet his implementation appears to be broken. I
> suggest not to reinvent wheel and use STL algorithm suite (make_heap,
> etc.), unless there some assumptions I'm not aware of. I can provide a
> patch with STL's version of heap if anyone is interested.

I locally put the old implementation in and all works as expected. I
would not commit that, because I do not understand why this change was
important.

So if someone can explain the benefit of the new solution I could decide
for me which solution I prefer. In general I could not see any benefit
to use own algos instead of STL ones.

Regards,

Klaus